What is this document?
- OB is committed to protecting your personal information in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) in the Privacy Act 1998 as amended. Personal Information includes information about an individual who is reasonably identifiable.
What types of personal information do we collect?
- The types of personal information that we collect about you depends on the dealings you have with us and may include your name, age, date of birth, contact details such as phone, fax, email and mobile, physical address and delivery address, payment methods including bank account and credit card details, product interests, company details along with transactional information such as the type and quantity of products that you purchase or own, records of your communications and interactions with us and behaviour relating to transactions, products, services and activity with our digital services.
- We do not collect any personal information about you unless you voluntarily provide it to us. However, we may not be able to provide our services without your personal information. You may be required to provide certain personal information to us when you elect to use certain products or services available on the Site. These may include: (a) registering for an account on our Site; (b) entering a sweepstakes or contest sponsored by us or one of our partners; (c) signing up for special offers from selected third parties; (d) sending us an email message; (e) submitting your credit card or other payment information when ordering an purchasing products and services on our Site. To wit, we will use your information for, but not limited to, communicating with you in relation to services and/or products you have requested from us. We also may gather additional personal or non-personal information in the future.
How personal information is collected and held
- We may collect your personal information and of other persons using our products or services from your interactions and transactions with us, our group companies and other entities that are involved in providing our products or services.
- We collect personal information in a number of ways, including:
- When you make an in-store purchase;
- When you make an online purchase;
- When you request information about our products or services;
- When you visit certain parts of our website where you are invited to provide content, submissions and suggestions, visitorship data or participate in interactive online activities (i.e. community postings, voting, chat, or bulletin boards);
- When you interact with our digital services or provide information via social media pages or download any Apps such as providing your name or contact details via the our Facebook pages, or our Twitter or Instagram accounts or other social media sites or Apps;
- From our partners, suppliers, associates or other companies in the OB group;
- We may monitor and record your communications with us (including email and telephone) for quality and training, security and dispute resolution purposes;
- From third parties including public sources, information service providers, credit reporting agencies or anyone authorized to act on your behalf.
- We may also collect information by other means and will take all reasonable steps to inform you if and when we do.
Why we collect Personal Information
- We collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information so that we may:
- provide you with the products or services you purchase;
- provide you with information about the products or services;
- respond to your requests for information;
- process survey results and other data you provide;
- process contest entries;
- process online purchases and payments;
- send you products you order;
- filter the products and information we offer; and
- open, maintain and administer user accounts.
- We may also collect non-personal information such as your IP address, browser type, the date and time of your visit, the particular pages you access and the information you download. For more information, please read the section on Cookies below.
- If permitted by law, we may disclose information collected about you as an asset of the company in conjunction with the purchase and potential purchase of our company or a portion of our assets. Any personal information that is disclosed to such a third party will remain subject to the protections in the APPs.
Sharing of Personal Information and cross-border disclosure
- Other companies in the OB group;
- Institutions for payment processing;
- Service providers engaged to assist with services including sales, distribution, logistics and delivery, data processing, data analysis, information broking, credit reporting, online computing, printing, contact centre, legal, accounting, business consulting, marketing, research, auditing, archival, delivery, security, investigation, and mailing services
- OB may share data with trusted partners to help perform statistical analysis, send you email or postal mail, provide customer support, or arrange for deliveries. All such third parties are prohibited from using your personal information except to provide these services to OB, and they are required to maintain the confidentiality of your information.
OB may disclose your personal information, without notice, if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on OB or the site; (b) protect and defend the rights or property of OB; and/or (c) act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of OB, or the public.
Direct marketing and opting out
- By providing us with your address, email address and/or your mobile phone number, you consent to receiving such communications. We may send you this information in a number of ways, including by mail, email, social media, SMS, MMS, telephone and any of our Apps that you download.
- If at any time you decide for any reason that you no longer wish to receive such communications, you can opt out of receiving them by using one of the following methods:
- Contacting us by email at email@example.com;
- Speaking to us by phone on: 02 9790 2588;
- Selecting the “opt out” or “unsubscribe” link, or follow the opt out instructions that may be included in such communication;
- Writing to our Privacy Officer at: 590 Hume Hwy, Yagoona, NSW 2199;
- Advising us if you receive a marketing call that you no longer wish to receive these calls.
- Please be aware that when you opt out of receiving communications, it may affect the services you have chosen to receive from us where accepting the communications is a condition of receiving such services.
Access to, and correction of, personal information
- If at any time you want to know what personal information we hold about you, correct such information or have any questions or complaints you are welcome to contact us by:
- We aim to respond to most requests for access within fourteen  days subject to some exceptions permitted by law. We may however charge a fee to cover our reasonable costs of locating the information and providing it to you.
- If you ask us to correct personal information that we hold about you, or if we are satisfied that the personal information we hold is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, we will take reasonable steps to correct that information to ensure that, having regard to the purpose for which it is held, the information is accurate, up-to-date, complete, relevant and not misleading. If we correct personal information about you, and we have previously disclosed that information to another agency or organization that is subject to the Privacy Act, you may ask us to notify that other entity. If so, we will take reasonable steps to do so, unless this would be impracticable or unlawful. Where we decide not to make a requested correction and you disagree, you may ask us to make a note of your requested correction with the information.
- In most cases, we expect that complaints will be investigated and a response provided within fourteen  days of receipt of the complaint. If the matter is more complex and our investigation may take longer, we will contact you and tell you when we expect to provide our response.
Digital Services and site visitorship data
- We provide information and services through a range of digital and online services including websites, email and social media profiles. Some information we collect, for example is not related to an individual. In many cases, the information relates only to a device or is of an aggregated or statistical nature, and we will have no way of knowing the identity of the user. In other cases, we may associate information about your use of our digital services over time with your personal information, for example, when on any occasion you have logged in, followed a link sent to you by email, or we have otherwise been able to identify you.
- Site visitorship data is information about the way a website is used that is not associated with an individual’s identity. We use anonymous data regarding online behavior to better understand how people use our products and services. To that end, we may use aggregated, anonymous online traffic behavior, along with information from third parties to track usage trends and thereby improve the services. We may also use this aggregated, anonymous information to develop reports that we may share with third party marketing partners and affiliates. The kind of information we may collect includes:
- the date and time you access the services;
- your internet service provider, mobile carrier, or data services provider;
- your Internet Protocol (IP) address;
- the pages you visit;
- the links you click;
- the features you use;
- how and when you interact with the services;
- the content, images and advertisements you select; and
- how you arrived at the products and where you go when you leave.
- Most site visitorship data is collected using data collection tools such as web beacons, cookies, embedded web links and other software (together “Data Collection Tools”). Data Collection Tools are typically small data files or software that are sent to your browser and stored on your computer’s or mobile device’s hard drive. Most browsers and display software can be set to inform you when Data Collection Tools are being used or other tracking software is being sent to your computer or Personal Communication Device. They also provide you with the option of refusing such Data Collection Tools. However, refusing to allow the use of Data Collection Tools may, in some cases, preclude you from using, or negatively impact the display or function of, certain areas or features of the services, including preventing you from purchasing products.
- Data Collection Tools may store the information in your shopping cart and allow us to relate your use of the services to other information about you, including your Personal Information. We may do this to improve and personalize your experience and help resolve problems you experience through your use of the website.
- OB secures your personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. OB uses the following methods for this purpose:
- SSL Protocol
- When personal information (such as a credit card number) is transmitted to other websites, it is protected through the use of encryption, such as the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocol.
We strive to take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or alteration of your personal information. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or any wireless network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, you acknowledge that: (a) there are security and privacy limitations inherent to the Internet which are beyond our control; and (b) security, integrity, and privacy of any and all information and data exchanged between you and us through this Site cannot be guaranteed.
- We hold personal information electronically, both at our own premises and with the assistance of our service providers. We implement a range of measures to protect the security of that personal information. The steps we take to secure personal information include website protection measures, security restrictions on access to our premises and computer systems.
- We also take measures in respect of destroying or de-identifying personal information that is no longer needed for any lawful purpose.
- We cannot guarantee, in every circumstance, the security of the personal information you provide on our websites. While we endeavour to protect the personal information of users of our websites, we cannot guarantee the security of information you disclose online: you disclose that information at your own risk.
Hyperlinks and Referrals